Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My Experience: Pre-Surgery Prep day!

Hello! :)

Here's My Prep Day List:

This is a at-office operation prep-list, if your going to a hospital for your surgery, there'd be a VERY different prep list, mine was an at-office surgery

(REMINDER! everyone's prep day is different, don't go overboard like some woman, trust me, you won't want sh*t when you wake up but to go home)

The day before my surgery, I completely cleaned my house. not like, Spring cleaning type but pretty close to it! I just know my boyfriend wont want to clean anything (as I am the stay-at-home girlfriend and a complete clean freak) I thoroughly cleaned my bathroom, dusted, and cleaned all my glass, did all the laundry and wore something I know I wont want to wear in a week. Me and Sean went out and purchased a front closure sports bra at Macy's and then picked up all of my meds including a weekly pill case. I also purchased Dial Foam Complete soap rather than the Hibiclens soap. you basically just need an antibacterial because they still prep you before surgery! So don't buy the $10 bottle of 8oz soap, TRUST ME! So I also washed my pillow case and fluffed the actual pillow in the dryer for 30 minutes so it wouldn't be flat on my back (ONLY DO IT WITH SOFT FEATHERED PILLOWS! COTTON WILL BURN!) Then, I put everything in a recycling grocery bag. Now.. some people are going crazy and buying chap stick, new body pillows, etc. . Listen...
Dont go overboard! 
You're already paying thousands for you boobies, no need to buy stuff you'll only use for like a week! think about it before you buy it. 90% of the time, you don't need it...

So, here's my Lists (many surgeons lists as well) 

    PRE-SURGERY NIGHT:
  • NO EATING OR DRINKING WATER AFTER MIDNIGHT! I ate a little bit of applesauce at 1145PM
  • take out all piercings (including body) nose, tummy, cartilage, ears, tongue, etc.
  • take the morning shower - wash and massage you boobies for 10 minutes! time youself!
  • Once you get out, NO LOTION, NO POWDER, NO DEODORANT! NOTHING! JUST TOWEL DRY!
    PACK:
  • pain meds/pills
  • pillow
  • bottle of water (for when you wake up) 
  • over-sized front closure shirt (nothing tight, you will not want to lift your arms and try putting them in a tiny jacket)
  • cellphone 
  • slides or flip flops (no sneakers, you'll be too loopy to put on sneakers)
  • socks

And thats it! Try to get some sleep and good luck tomorrow with your own surgery! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment