Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My Experience: Surgery Day

OK! So..
Today is Surgery Day! 
January 7, 2014
It's 630AM, I'm wide-awake and nervous, but excited! I took my second antibacterial shower. massageing them for the (as told by surgeon) 10 minutes. My boyfriend Sean is just now getting up and feeding our little furry children. I'm dressed in a sports bra (which I probably wont fit into again) sweat pants and a long-john shirt. We left at 715AM and quickly stopped at Starbucks to get him coffee and now on our way to Dr. Paul Wigoda's office (located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida) Surgery appointment time is at 8AM. I went in and was told to strip to nothing but panties. then, I met his surgical tech, Sergio, who was very comforting about the procedure and was there to prep me for the anesthetics with my IV. Now Marie, the nurse and receptionist, (whom is the absolute most SWEETEST woman I've ever met) took me to go pee pee and walked me to the surgical room. I kissed and tightly hugged my amazing boyfriend and went in. i told Sergio my anxiety was through the roof! he said, "well ok then! lets get the party started early!" I watched him but the needle in my IV and that was it... I was OUT.

Two hours supposedly past... 
the procedure is only 45 minutes!
(waking up takes a while they said)

When I woke up and the first thing I realized is that I was INCREDIBLY COLD! I was shaking violently and couldn't control tightening my sore *ss chest up because of it! it was HORRIBLE waking up like that! then i started feeling that my chest was extremely really swollen and tight but my back was ABSOLUTELY KILLING ME and I felt as if I had 5 martini's (or my choice of drink, an entire bottle of Jack Daniels!). Sean helped me up and put my pants, socks and over-sized front closure sweater on. And I couldn't stop talking! I dreamt of running through beautiful cornfields with my dad! ha ha! :) I remember not being able to talk or really walk at all until I got home as it wore off just a bit. My AMAZING boyfriend went to get my soup and crackers since I cant take my pain meds unless I ate (excruciating back pain). When he came back, he had about 10 bags of ALL of my favorite foods! from my ice creams to cereal, pastas, soups, snacks, cookies, you name it! He's the BEST!

I just want to say: 
I don't know who you are reading this, but if you never got to experience the true compassionate love a real man  can give... I pray in my heart you find it. I'm one of the luckiest women alive. This man has my heart, soul, & my entire being and he loves me so conditionally. Did I mention he paid for the entire procedure since I'm a stay-at-home woman? I'm talking from my meds, to my blood work, everything... I mean, it has nothing to do with the money. but the overwhelmingly love he shows me about me wanting to be happy with my body I really thought never existed but in fairy tales. I'm truly blessed :)

Ok, BACK to the story! 
So, I ate light (creamy tomato soup and saltines) and took my pain meds at 2PM. I fell asleep immediately at like 215PM and now its 730PM, my boyfriend is cooking dinner as I'm gently massaging my new boobies.. 



I will update tomorrow! hopefully the swelling has gone down a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment